Monday, October 12, 2009

Down with the cold..

My oldest son has been sick for about 5 weeks and now I got it. Coughing mucus, tight chest, swollen throat, basically all the nasty stuff except fever.

It is a bit annoying seeing that I have gotten in 11 weeks of quality training till now. I squatted 102.5 kg (225.5 lbs) x 20 reps in my last workout before I got sick. It was real heavy but I felt like I could have continued progressing, adding 1 kg per week.

When this cold clears I plan on doing a more strength focused period before embarking on another low volume/frequency period. Will probably do a two way split, upper/lower, 4 days per week, one squat day, one dead lift day. 3x5 reps on the big lifts, ladders on the support exercises.

No training this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment